Verderer Adolf Wehrberger from Hubertov u Karlovy Vary Studánky, Significant Personality of Forests in Hrubý Jeseník Mountains of the Second Half of the 19th Century
The primary goal of the study focuses on the reconstruction of the life story, the legacy and partly also the personality of the forester Adolf Wehrberger (1830–1896), who worked most of his productive life in the small settlement of Hubertov, part of the spa village of Karlova Studánka. The text also partially reflects the history of the Hubertov district in the 19th century and, at the same time, captures some typical attributes of the forestry of the Order of the Teutonic Knights in the Bruntál part of the Hrubý Jeseník Mountains.
German-language Theatre Companies in Silesia at the Beginning of the 20th Century
The study case captures the activities of German-language theatre companies and their directors in Silesia at the be- ginning of the 20th century. It focuses on smaller theatre companies, which mostly operated outside the network of town theatres. They performed in federal houses or in the halls of local taverns. The particular stays of tours by theatre companies, alongside to their composition and size are pinned down. The repertoire composition is also mentioned.
Housing Development of Karlova Studánka in the Second Half of the 19th and at the Beginning of the 20th Century. Part III.
The study deals with the architectural and urban development of the spa complex in Karlova Studánka in the second half of the 19th century and at the beginning of the 20th century. Based on a detailed survey of archival sources stored in the Land Archive in Opava, it looks at the process of transformation of this spa in a broader scope; it does not only notice the architects themselves and the stylistic changes in the buildings, but it also examines the role of the individual components of the administrative apparatus of the Order of the Teutonic Knights. There are two basic periods in the development of Karlova Studánka: 1) from the 1850s to the 1880s; 2) from the 1890s until 1918. The study is published as a serial comprising three parts.
Results of Interdisciplinary Research of the Remains of Soldiers from World War II from the Cadastres of Dobroslavice and Bobrovníky (Opava district)
In recent years, the Department of Archeology of the Silesian Museum conducted preventive rescue research of two situations with several „buried“ units in the Bobrovníky cadastre. We were alerted to the findings of the remains thanks to local citizens, when the situation was destroyed by illegal excavations. For the same reason, in the same year, two remains of soldiers were researched in the cadastre of the village of Dobroslavice. In both localities, there was a professional collection of skeletal remains as well as finds from the place and the surrounding area. Subsequently, all skeletons obtained in this way were subjected to anthropological research, Conservation intervention in order to stabilize and stop further degradation also received individual findings. Selected ammunition was subjected to expert assessment in the field of criminology, ballistics.
History of Steel Bottle Production in Vítkovice. Part II.: From Liberation to the Onset of Perestroika (1945–1985)
The text presented is the second part of a three-part series, which aims to acquaint the reader with the history of the production of pressure steel cylinders in the Vítkovice Ironworks. Based on excerpts from sources in the company archive, the study reconstructs the production of bottles from the liberation in 1945 to the modernization of Vítkovice bottling plant in 1985; it deals with the issue of a marginal production program in an industrial compa- ny focused on the production of major metallurgical and engineering units. The text also deals with the short stage of production of propane-butane bottles in Vítkovice Ironworks.