Venetian “Goblet” and Other Glass Finds from Sovinec Castle
The article aims to present glass finds from Sovinec Castle, which are now stored in the collections of the Silesian Museum in Opava. Although only fragments of four glass objects have been preserved, these finds still tell a lot about the social conditions of the castle owners in the late Middle Ages and early modern times. Among the finds, a Venetian Goblet, which has no analogy in Moravia or Silesia yet, stands out.
Church of St. John the Baptist in Skřipov (the District of Opava) and Sacral Architecture of Czech Silesia and Moravia in the First Half of the 19th Century
The text pays attention to the Church of St. John the Baptist in Skřipov (the District of Opava) from 1841 to 1844; its older predecessor, demolished in 1841, is mentioned; the author of the new building (Kajetán Habl) is considered; the presentation of the church provides an opportunity to look at the sacral architecture of Czech Silesia from 1800 to 1850.
Housing Development of Karlova Studánka in the Second Half of the 19th and at the Beginning of the 20th Century. Part I.
The study deals with the architectural and urban development of the spa complex in Karlova Studánka in the second half of the 19th century and at the beginning of the 20th century. Based on a detailed survey of archival sources stored in the Land Archive in Opava, it looks at the process of transformation of this spa in a broader scope; it does not only notice the architects themselves and the stylistic changes in the buildings, but it also examines the role of the individual components of the administrative apparatus of the Order of the Teutonic Knights. There are two basic periods in the development of Karlova Studánka: 1) from the 1850s to the 1880s; 2) from the 1890s until 1918. The study is published as a serial comprising three parts.
Czechoslovak-South Slavic League in Moravian Ostrava
In the article, the author tries to outline the Czechoslovak-Yugoslav interwar relations in Moravian Ostrava maintained by the local department of the Czechoslovak-South Slavic League. It pays attention to federal life in Moravian Ostrava in general and describes the situation regarding the establishment, organization and operation of the local department, including all its activities, such as organizing language courses, lectures or cultural events intended for the general public. She tries (for example with regard to the cooperation with other associations that operated in Moravian Ostrava) to point out the scope of work, thanks to which a more lasting benefit for the Czechoslovak-South Slavic, or Yugoslav, reciprocity and she also indicates the limits of this activity.